Treasury yields are stable. 10-yr note 2.83%. Crude -0.17% to $59.19. Gold +0.43% to $1,332.10.
WinnersNVDA (+2%) returns to rally mode after CFO Kress said Nvidia’s data center business continues to benefit from AI growth and management is focused on a wide set of customers and uses rather than specific applications. Nvidia is well positioned to benefit from the adoption of self-driving cars.
AMZN (+2%) and AAPL (+1%) contribute a lot to QQQ +0.47%. SQ +5.5%, TWTR +8%.
Apple 1st shareholder meeting in its new headquarter
- CEO Cook says mobile payments haven't taken off like he thought they would.
- Wearables are booming.
- Healthcare opportunities: Apple includes a health app on its iPhones, and it plans to introduce a new Health Records update to iOS to let you store your medical records.
- Apple spent $12 billion last year on R&D. This year budget will be $16 billion.
- It plans to invest $30 billion in the US over the next five years by building its new campus (2nd headquarter) and creating 20,000 new jobs.
- No special dividend, but will have dividend hike.
WB (+9.7%) and SINA (+6.2%) jump after ER. WB Q4 earnings beat easily.
- Advertising and marketing revenues +77%, net income jumped to $131M from $43M.
- Monthly active users rose to 392M after net adds of 79M users Y/Y; mobile MAUs were 93% of the total. Average daily active users had net adds of about 33M Y/Y to hit 172M.
- Revenue breakout: Advertising and marketing, $332M (+77%); value-added service, $45M (+81.4%).
- Q1 guidance: revenues of $335-345M, well above consensus $303.1M.
- Sina profits grow by 25%, benefitted from WB.
Retailers higher: KR +3.4%, COST +1.7%, TGT +2.8%, M +2.9%, KSS +2.9%, JWN +1.7%...
UA (+16%), UAA (+17.4%) skyrocket after ER, probably due to short-squeeze.
- Q4 EPS of $0.00 in-line. Revenue of $1.37B (+4.6% Y/Y) beats by $60M.
- Apparel revenue +2%, footwear sales +9%.
- Gross margin was 43.2% below 44.7% a year ago.
- For 2018, the company expects revenue to be up at a low single-digit percentage rate, reflecting a mid-single-digit decline in North America offset by 25% international growth. FY18 EPS of $0.14-0.19 vs. $0.20 consensus.
- I still think it is over-valued as the repssure from Adidas, Nike (NKE -0.2%) and Sketchers (SKX +0.4%).
AmerisourceBergen (ABC +9.3%) following a report that Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA -0.2%) has made a takeover approach.
GNC (+18.1%) after reporting same store sales increased 5.7% in domestic company-owned stores in Q4 and 2.0% at domestic franchised locations. Despite the gains, total sales fell short of consensus estimates ($558M vs $569M).
MLM +2.7% after reporting strong Q4 data.
- Revenues rising 2.5% Y/Y to $911M, including solid pricing growth across all product lines and segments.
- Guidance for FY18, seeing revenues of $4.16-4.36B above consensus $4.07B.
- It remains confident the U.S. is "in the midst of a steady multi-year construction recovery."
Steel industry is higher after Trump's comments and raising rebar prices (+$25/st): SLX +1.2% (ETF), X +1.6%, MT +1.9%, AKS +1.7%, NUE +1%, CLF +2.2%,
Chipotle (CMG -1.2%) poped +11.3% in AH after the company officially announces that Brian Niccol (Taco Bell CEO) has been hired as CEO and will be added to the company's board.
LosersFB (-1.9%) after Google (GOOG flat) unveiled new tech that lets publishers create Snapchat (SNAP -0.3%) and Instagram-style (FB) visual stories in a mobile-friendly format. The stories are called AMP and can feature swipeable text, photos, graphics, and videos. I am not sure about the impact yet. Based on the failure of google+, I guess it is negligible.
Car dealers retreat from recent rally: CarMax (KMX -3.5%), AutoNation (AN -2.2%) and Penske Automotive Group (PAG -2.3%).
Earnings in AHBIDU (+1.8%) Q4 EPS of $2.29 beats by $0.19. Revenue of $3.62B (+25.7% Y/Y) misses by $20M. Shares +4.7% in AH.
Fossil (FOSL +7.7%): Q4 EPS of $0.67 beats by $0.27. Revenue of $920.8M (-4.0% Y/Y) beats by $31.24M. Shares +55% in AH.
FANG (-0.8%),Q4 EPS of $1.56 beats by $0.05. Revenue of $399.2M (+115.8% Y/Y) beats by $34.49M. Shares +5.7% in AH.
MET (+1.3%) Q4 EPS of $0.64 misses by $0.22. Revenue of $15.75B (+24.7% Y/Y) beats by $240M.
Western Union (WU -0.1%): Q4 EPS of $0.41 misses by $0.04. Revenue of $1.44B (+5.1% Y/Y) beats by $40M. Shares +3% in AH.
My Trades Today
- Bought TELL @ $9.98 (I have been day-trading TELL recently)
- Added TIS @ $12.1
- pre-market: CS, DPS, FNMA, GRPN, HE, HLT, ICPT, LAD, SHPG, SODA
- post-market: A, ABX, AMAT, CF, CSCO, CTL, CYS, EQIX, GG, MAR, MRO, NLY, SPWR, TRIP, WMB